For the terms and conditions of service by MEIDE, please click here.
b) “User”, or “You” refers to any persons who uses this website or engages MEIDE SERVICES’s services. “Service Provider” refers to persons who have registered or use our website with the intention to register as a Service Provider or to get Cleaning and Home Solution Related jobs. “Client” refers to persons who have made an enquiry to MEIDE SERVICES via this website or any offline means of communication such as phone call, SMS, Whatsapp, social media, or any other means, with the intention to request for a Service Provider or make a general enquiry relating to requesting for Service Providers.
d) If required by Singapore law or any international legislation, MEIDE SERVICES reserves the right to comply with the relevant authorities.
e) In accordance with PDPA, we have appointed a “Data Protection Officer” in our company. Please email us with title ‘Attn: Data Protection Officer, MEIDE SERVICES’ in order to reach our appointed officer, Mr Tan. You may also call or WhatsApp to request for the officer.
“Personal Data” refers to any personal information relating to a natural person or data relating to a User’s usage of the website or payment information from any online payments via our website that is collected by us.
Personal Data and information can also be collected manually through user registration forms, request forms, phone calls, digital messages, emails etc. Information transmitted through any form of direct communication to us shall be presumed to be “collected”, unless explicitly stated by the user.
If you provide information about other persons (e.g. family members or friends), you must have informed consent from them to disclose their personal data to us and hereby represent them with regards to this policy agreement.
From 1st September 2019, in lieu of some changes in PDPA guidelines, MEIDE SERVICES has ceased to collect the NRIC Numbers of Service Providers. Existing records have also been permanently deleted accordingly.
Our Service uses above-mentioned information for the following:
- – to operate and maintain our Service;
- – to create, manage and maintain Users personal account;
- – to facilitate our operations;
- – to analyze the activities of our Users for the specific purposes, for instance, of improving the Website;
- – to prevent, detect and investigate illegal activities;
- – to protect our rights and responsibilities;
- – to send User marketing emails based on the information that may be interesting for User; User is able to refuse the obtaining of such an emails by sending a request to our Service or clicking the appropriate link.
We are fully compliant with Do Not Call Register (DNC) requirements and do not send any unsolicited messages to the general public. Only users who have engaged our services or voluntarily provided our Service with their contact information via our website or other channels shall receive marketing information from us. Clients or Service Providers who request the services of MEIDE SERVICES are deemed to have accepted the agreement and terms and acknowledge the willingness to receive future updates, marketing, and promotions. The user can unsubscribe at any point in time by notifying us by SMS, email, or other means.
Confidentiality for all parties
MEIDE SERVICES does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with anyone except in the process of providing direct or related products or services you have requested, or addressing administrative issues and managing communications with relevant parties. MEIDE SERVICES will not publicly reveal any private information (excluding synonyms, abbreviations, monickers, and partial aspects of your personal information – eg. your Christian name or surname and salutation) to anyone except when necessary in providing the services to the persons, or in handling administrative affairs, as described below:
Client and affiliated parties
A Client is a person who makes a request for a Service Provider with MEIDE SERVICES. For clarification of doubt, affiliated parties with the client would be treated exactly like a client, as we have many instances whereby booking requests and communications are made concurrently or via multiple parties (eg. property agent, landlord and tenant; family members; bookings made for in-laws; etc).
When a Client makes a request, the location(s), date(s), timing(s), special needs, and other information may be revealed or broadcasted to prospective Service Providers. We may also reveal the full address and other personal particulars of the Client to the prospective and confirmed Service Providers.
A Service Provider is a person who registers with MEIDE SERVICES. When you register as a Service Provider, we may ask for information including, but limited to, your full name, email address, address, handphone number, birthday, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship status, occupation, qualifications, and skillsets. We will not reveal your private information (NRIC, Certifications etc) to the General Public. However, we may reveal the Service Provider’s necessary details to the Client(s). We may also use your general information in the process of marketing, advertising, and handling administrative affairs.
MEIDE SERVICES collects personal information when you register with us. MEIDE SERVICES may receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including but not limited to, your IP address, session ID, the pages you visited and the time these pages were visited. MEIDE SERVICES uses information to customise the content you see, fulfil your requests for services, improve our services, and conduct research.
Display of Service Provider Profiles on Website and Marketing Collaterals
As a Cleaning and Home Solution Related agency, MEIDE SERVICES is tasked with matching Clients and Service Providers. Hence, we may use Service Provider’s information as a form of advertisement on both our online and offline marketing collaterals (for example our website and social media). In doing so, details such as Service Provider’s Full Name (or parts of it), Age, Profile Photo, Gender, Race, Ethinicity, Nationality, Skillsets, Qualifications, Preferred Service Locations, Service Provider Category and Experience may be revealed to the public.
Service Providers should inform MEIDE SERVICES via WhatsApp to +65 8595 8579 or email email@example.com to set their profile as private if they do not wish for their information to be used in any advertisements.
For Clients, we need to collect your geographic information such as your postal code or address, in order to source for suitable Service Providers. We may advertise this information on our website, mobile application, or third-party websites. We will take measures not to reveal your full address but it is not guaranteed. If you wish for your address to remain hidden, please inform us and let us know the location to use as a placeholder (for example, a nearby location from your house).
Sharing of data during the matching process
In order to remain compliant with PDPA laws, MEIDE SERVICES has implemented the following safety procedures in our operations:
-When a Client requests for proof of a Service Provider’s confidential data during the matching process, MEIDE SERVICES will first seek the express consent from the Service Provider before sending any such confidential data to the Client.
-Any communication between Service Provider and Client prior to confirmation shall be made via a multi-way (eg. 3-way) conference call with MEIDE SERVICES (confidential personal data is not shared)
-Only when an assignment is expressly confirmed by both the Client and Service Provider, with details to start the first meeting between the two parties, then we may send the full name (or part of), phone number, email, and full address of the Client to the Service Provider, and vice versa, for the purpose of liaison.
-If there are any disputes between Client and Service Provider, MEIDE SERVICES will not reveal personal information unless required by law.
Though we make every effort to preserve users’ privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law.
Third party actions
1) We can disclose Users Personal Data with third parties for the following reasons:
- – on the legal request of governmental or law enforcing bodies;
- – to investigate the potential violations;
- – to prevent the technical issues;
- – to enforce applicable law, procedures, and regulations in accordance with Singapore and international legislation;
- – for the request of processing partner for the reasons of making payment through financial institutions.
2) We disclose only the necessary Personal Data for third parties to perform their specific services. All reasonable measures will be taken to ensure these third-parties keep your information secure and not use it for other purposes. If the third parties are situated overseas, we will ensure that appropriate data transfer mechanisms are in place in accordance with applicable laws.
3) The User Personal Data is not to be shared to third parties without user consent. Consent to receive third-party marketing communications may be withdrawn at any time by writing or via opt-out forms.
4) Our Website contains links to other Services, Websites or applications. The User agrees that those Services, Websites, and applications have their own Privacy Policies. Our Service is not responsible for usage, collection, and disclosure of your Personal Data by this Services.
Retention of Information
We reserve the right to retain any personal data collected unless you explicitly request us to remove your information from our records or the contract between you and us states that data shall be removed when such contract has been fully performed. If you have informed us to remove your personal data, do note that we may take up to 7 days to comply and that we may retain some of your personal data internally to the extent permitted by the law.
In the event MEIDE SERVICES goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information may be part of the assets transferred.
If our company is sold, user data held by our business can be transferred to the new owner as part of the sale.
1) All reasonable measures (physical, electronic and managerial procedures) were taken in order to protect the collected information from unauthorized access or disclosure, in order to ensure the User that Personal Data is secured. However, we cannot fully guarantee that the existing measures of data protection are absolutely safe in case of unauthorized access of the third parties.
2) The access to your Personal Data is allowed only to our Service and people authorized by our Service. We ensure that such persons keep your Personal Data in a confidential way. For example, through service agreements with our developers.
1) The Website may be hosted on a server outside your homeland. In this way, the User permits the transfer of his Personal Data outside the borders of a home country.
2) The Service cannot guarantee the total security while transfer User Personal Data. We want to state that none of the existing ways of data transfer can be totally safe.
3) We emphasize that our Service cannot be responsible for offenders of applicable legislation and regulations on cross-border transfer.
2) A cookie is in fact a small piece of data which a website asks Users browser to store on a Users computer. The cookie enables the Service to record and “remember” Users actions.
- – identification of users
- – remember custom preferences;
- – help users complete tasks without re-entering information when browsing from page to page or when visiting the site at a later date.
- – to improve our Service based on factors such as how many users visit or use our Service;
- – to measure and analyze activity on our Service.
4) The User is allowed to delete or block cookies (take a look at browsers instructions)
Changes and Contact info
We welcome feedback if the User has any questions, proposals, and views regarding our privacy practices or the use of Personal Data.